This Acceptable Use Policy (this "Policy") describes prohibited uses of the web services offered by ProxyMesh (the "Services") and the website located at https://proxymesh.com (the "ProxyMesh Site"). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the ProxyMesh Site. By using the Services or accessing the ProxyMesh Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services in accordance with the ProxyMesh Terms of Service.
Inquiries regarding this policy, or reports of violations of this policy, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a "System"); or to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior. Prohibited activities include:
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, and harvesting);
- Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System;
- Distributing, publishing, sending, or facilitating unsolicited mass e-mailings, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (i.e. "spam"), including commercial advertising and informational announcements;
- Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled, or that is contrary to the instructions in the System's robots.txt;
- Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective;
- Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques;
- Forging TCP-IP packet headers or any part of a message describing its origin or route, not including the use of aliases or proxy servers;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the ProxyMesh network or website, or ProxyMesh employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a ProxyMesh system or network or to breach the ProxyMesh security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without ProxyMesh's express written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using the ProxyMesh Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or ProxyMesh Site for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Content that constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections; infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to ProxyMesh; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against ProxyMesh.
You may not use the ProxyMesh network or Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
It is the ProxyMesh policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat infringers.
You agree that if the ProxyMesh IP numbers used by your account are listed on an abuse database like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and ProxyMesh may take reasonable action to protect its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions.
Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or ProxyMesh Site. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or ProxyMesh Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or the ProxyMesh Site.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.